Thursday, July 2, 2009

Are there less lightning bugs out there?


I remember when I was a kid catching lightning bugs in the summer. There used to be a whole bunch of them and catching them in jars signaled the beginning of summer. Now here I am at 26 and maybe seeing like one flash at night. What gives? Did my revisionist history make more bugs in my childhood? Does my adult self not posses the wonderment and childlike characteristics to see the bugs? Does working through summer and no more summer vacations get symbolized by the lack of bugs? Or is it global warming or something scientific? My jar would be empty this summer :(

Ps: That is not me holding the jar, that is a google image search guy holding a jar of bugs. I don't think I could catch that many bugs and/or grow a goatee. Damn asian genes.

No comments:

Post a Comment